Team Komisch Nakama
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Komisch Nakama

A forum created solely for the purpose of archiving and roleplaying characters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Empty Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:21 pm

Axton

Axton

Cyprus "Mars" Gray had been alone ever since his parents had been killed. None of the people his parents knew had even come for the funeral. He was alone after they died, he was alone for the funeral, and now he was alone in his efforts to track down their killer. None of his parents friends would bother. The demon, they claimed, was far too powerful for them and they'd rather not get involved. He knew, however, that the truth was that they simply didn't want to deal with an orphan who had emotional baggage.

That was fine with Cyprus, though; he'd just do it on his own. He had rebelled his parents before they died, sure, and now he had not the faintest clue of how he'd find the demon, but he would. He would find the demon, and he would kill it; he would avenge his parents and he then he would settle down with a perfectly respectable religious woman and start a family of his own.

These were the things he thought of, as he sat in front of the four tombstones. Joseph Gray, Marianne Gray, Demetrius Gray and Camellia Gray. He stared at the fifth tombstone, grave spot, which was completely empty, and briefly he thought that was where he belonged. Brushing those thoughts from his mind, he stood up and dusted off his jeans, adjusting his necklace so that it sat in front of his black tanktop and turned around, ready to finally get out of this city.

2Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Empty Re: Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:11 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

It just so happened, however, that there was a man standing a few feet behind Mars. A copy of the holy bible visible in one of his hands, he scanned the foggy horizon; damn this weather.

He pulled his leather jacket around himself more tightly; he felt so awkward dressed like this. Though his hair was clean and slicked back, and he wore a nice shirt and tie, he also wore a leather jacket and dress pants. That was what he got for only bringing two changes of clothes on a cross-country trip.

He squeezed the rosary hidden in his hand, frowning. Where on Earth was the spirit?...He knew he had heard it earlier. Felt it, in fact. But now all was irritatingly quiet.

http://otomepeach.tumblr.com/

3Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Empty Re: Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:21 pm

Axton

Axton

Mars frowned to himself. This graveyard belonged to the church, and only people who had clearance were allowed into it; people who had dead relatives. This man did not look at all like he was looking for tombstones, and the leather jacket only added to his suspicion. While he knew it was none of his business, Mars was notoriously bad at minding his own business.

"Excuse me!" He called to the man, walking over to him. "Are you lost? Do you need help finding someone?"

4Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Empty Re: Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:46 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

Priestly smiled his best charming smile. How inconvenient; he had hoped to get in and get out unnoticed. Fortunately, making the best of thing was his specialty.

He had out his hand.

"Hello, young man! Going for a stroll as well? Though I suppose you're here for equally somber reasons."

5Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Empty Re: Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:49 pm

Axton

Axton

"A...stroll? You do know you're in a graveyard, right?" He asked, crossing his arms. If he hadn't been suspicious before, he sure was now. "If you don't have any business here, I suggest you leave. My personal business here is none of your concern."

He reached up to tuck a strand of hair behind his ear, still intensely staring down the man in front of him, despite the height different.

6Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Empty Re: Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:51 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

"Of course I'm aware of my surroundings," he chuckled, patting the young man on the shoulder. "One can't go for a stroll in a graveyard? How silly. I don't like to think my loved ones--or everyone else's loved ones scattered here, for that matter--should like to see my mopey and woeful. They want to look down from heaven and go 'good, our boy is paying his respects and moving on with his life!'

"Don't you think something similar?"

7Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Empty Re: Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:55 pm

Axton

Axton

He frowned deeply. He really didn't like this guy, he was creepy and weird.

"Don't touch me." He replied, stepping away from him. "I really think you should leave; I've never seen you around the church before, and those are the only people who are allowed in here."

8Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Empty Re: Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:20 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

"They made special clearance for me," he insisted. "My parents are buried here--my name's Giles Priestly, by the way. But you can call me Father Priestly." He pointed to his clerical collar, beaming.

"Nice to meet you, son."

9Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Empty Re: Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:26 pm

Axton

Axton

"...You're a priest?" He asked incredulously. Somehow, he didn't believe the man. Maybe it was his jacket, or maybe it was his overall suspicious aura. "...Fine. I'll play along. My name is Mars -- no, I mean! My name is Cyprus Gray."

He felt his cheeks flush red at his own mistake. He forgot that now his parents were dead, it would be better if he let that childish nickname die with them.

10Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Empty Re: Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:54 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

"Nice to meet you, Marsy," he chuckled fondly, ruffling his hair. "That's quite the nice name--do you like Mars Bars? I do. They're delicious. In fact..." He reached into his pocket, producing a Mars Bar.

"I want you to have it. I bought it earlier so I'd have a snack, but sharing is caring."

11Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Empty Re: Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:58 pm

Axton

Axton

He groaned, pulling away from his grasp to straighten out his already messy hair. The remnants of his rocker mullet made the tops of his hair stick out in odd directions. He smoothed it back into place, glaring at the taller man as he did so.

"My name is Cyprus! Mars is...it's not a nickname you're allowed to use! And I hate Mars Bars, so you can keep it!" He snapped angrily. Predictable, he quite enjoyed Mars Bars. They were his favorite, which is exactly why the nickname had stuck.

12Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Empty Re: Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:26 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

He frowned slightly, but shrugged.

"Suit yourself," he said, unwrapping it and taking a bite. "Mmm...bet Mum and Dad wish they could have some of this. Kind of hard though, what with them being six feet under and all.

"So, who're you here to see?"

13Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Empty Re: Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:30 am

Axton

Axton

"...I'm here to see my family." He said, suddenly a lot less angry. "They...never mind, you're just a priest, you don't...need to know."

He looked away, toying with his rosary. He really needed to get out of here, he realized, but how did he politely tell Priestly to leave him alone?

14Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Empty Re: Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:25 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

"Ah, I understand," he said, nodding. "My family is dead too. Are you sure you don't want a bite? It'll make you feel better." He held the Mars Bar out to him, smiling.

15Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Empty Re: Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:35 pm

Axton

Axton

"Yeah, but you're old!" He insisted, despite the fact that Priestly didn't even look that much older than he was. To Mars, it was old. That said, he took the candy bar and at the last of it. It was his fault for offering it to him a second time.

"I don't feel better, you liar," he grumbled beneath his breath.

16Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Empty Re: Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:54 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

He laughed.

"That is true--they were killed, but they were going to die sooner or later, right? It must be a tragedy to have people you love taken from you as a boy."

17Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Empty Re: Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:04 pm

Axton

Axton

He frowned, toying with the wrapper of the candy bar in his hands.

"...It's not like you would understand. What my family did was...I don't even have a place to live, now, because..." He sighed heavily, trying to collect his thoughts. "...never mind. Can we talk about something else, now?"

He paused. Wait, why was he even still bothering talking to this weird guy, anyway?

18Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Empty Re: Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:08 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

"Sure. Have you heard any strange noises here today?" he asked bluntly.

19Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Empty Re: Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:14 pm

Axton

Axton

"...what? I've been here all day, I haven't heard anything." He replied, crossing his arms over his chest. "...you're not here for your family, are you?"

He furrowed his eyebrows. He knew it. This man was here looking for something.

20Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Empty Re: Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:17 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

"Of course I am," he insisted, waving a hand. "But I was also told to meet someone here who could help me find them."

21Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Empty Re: Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:26 pm

Axton

Axton

"No, you're a hunter, aren't you?" He asked bluntly, glowering at him. "Tell the truth, don't even bother denying it. What are you hunting? I haven't seen any signs of anything lurking around, and besides, this is holy ground."

22Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Empty Re: Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:12 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

He sighed, though his smile never faded. The wind whistled ominously in the silence, dragging dead leaves over the graves.

"So," he began, slipping his hands into his pockets, "I suppose you've got me figured me out--there's a demon here, if you really want to know. In the body of a priest. I'm being...compensated, to get rid of it.

"...Only, perhaps I don't have the best clearance to be in here." He coughed quietly. "So if you would keep quiet, I would be much obliged, little Marsy. Consider it a trade for the Mars Bar, or better yet--I owe you another one."

23Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Empty Re: Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:11 pm

Axton

Axton

"Take me with you." He replied suddenly. "Take me hunting with you, and I'll do anything you say. I'll even help you; I know all the good hiding places around here, I can find that priest in a matter of minutes."

He looked at him sternly. "I can pull my own weight, if you just take me with you."

24Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Empty Re: Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:22 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

His smile widened; he could practically feel his chest bursting with joy.

"Excellent!" he boomed before remembering he was in a cemetery. He laughed quietly. "Excellent indeed. Good to have you aboard, young Mars. I could use the help.

"Tell me, do you have a rosary of your own? I have plenty. Oh, and--" He pulled a water bottle out of his messenger bag. "--hold this, would you? I think we may need it."

25Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Empty Re: Neither One Of Them Is Very Priestly Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:40 pm

Axton

Axton

He pulled his rosary out from his shirt.

"It was my parents, they used it for hunting." He replied, somewhat solemnly. "It's mine now.

"...but, this is holy water, right?" He asked, holding the water bottle like he was asked.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum