Team Komisch Nakama
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Komisch Nakama

A forum created solely for the purpose of archiving and roleplaying characters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Particular Day in Autumn

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 30]

1A Particular Day in Autumn Empty A Particular Day in Autumn Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:19 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

Giles T. Priestly scanned the tombstones around him, searching calculatingly for his current project. He was a holy man, by trade; he held a rosary and cross at the ready, and his simple white shirt and pressed slacks called to mind images of missionaries. The way he moved was almost comical; he held the artifacts as though they were loaded pistols, and took great care not to step on any leaves.

But of course, this was all very necessary. Exorcism was a precise business, and he hadn't let one get away yet; much to his disappointment, his success hadn't gotten him a nickname any cooler than the usual "Priestly", but it had helped him to earn a living.

Footsteps cut through the crisp fall air. Smiling like a child on Christmas day, he dashed toward the source of the noise. If he hurried, he could make it home in time to entertain some company; the implication of such phrasing was enough to make his eyebrows waggle.

http://otomepeach.tumblr.com/

2A Particular Day in Autumn Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:51 pm

Axton

Axton

He told himself he would stop coming. It wasn't healthy and he knew that better than the people who told him it was unhealthy. Yet he couldn't bring himself to stop. He just kept coming.

Cyprus Gray sighed deeply from where he was seated in front of a row of graves. He had packed a lunch, even, and he was chewing on a piece of celery as he sat there. It was probably rather morbid to see, but for Cyprus, it had become routine. Every day since the day his family was buried he went to visit them. A few days into it he decided to start packing a lunch so that he could stay even longer. A few times people from the church had come to retrieve him, but he didn't like them much and he almost never went. The extent of his listening to them was for dinner and bedtime only. After all, without them he had no place to stay.

He gazed upon the line of graves and noted the empty spot. When each of his siblings was born, they reserved a grave for them. Therefore, there was a row of graves which, until a few weeks ago, had been empty. But now there were all full, except one. One where he was supposed to be. The murder of his family had been a fluke, perhaps, but the bigger fluke was that he lived.

He sighed deeply, pulling his knees to his chest. It was so cold outside. Maybe if he stayed out there, he would freeze to death. He could hope, anyway...

3A Particular Day in Autumn Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:40 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

After only a few minutes of running, Priestly almost tripped over something large. Somehow regaining his balance without dropping his things, he stopped to examine his obstacle. Oddly enough, it was a young boy, with long strands of hair framing a comely face.

Something about the youth's posture, hunched over a grave, stirred memories buried deep inside of him. Shoving the cross into his bag and wrapping the rosary around his wrist, he extended a hand to the boy's shoulder.

"How long've you been here?" he asked gently, smiling. He used his missionary voice, the warm and welcoming one. "It's very cold out, you know--aren't you chilly in just that sweater?"

4A Particular Day in Autumn Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:52 pm

Axton

Axton

Somewhat dazed by the entire incident, he looked up at the man. Was he another stupid person from the church? If he wasn't he could have fooled Cyprus. He sure seemed a hell of a lot like a missionary, judging solely from his voice.

But much more importantly, why did he have to touch him? He hated when people touched him. At least, that was his excuse for now. No one needed to know how much he missed being loved and cuddled. He was a big boy now, he didn't need that sort of thing.

"Leave me alone," were the first things out of his mouth, followed shortly by, "I'm not 'chilly', either, I'm perfectly fine in this sweater."

5A Particular Day in Autumn Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:40 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

He gently massaged the boy's shoulders with both hands, chuckling softly to himself. Physical boundaries weren't something he readily understood, or rather, readily acknowledged. This boy seemed sad, after all--a little bit of physical affection never brought anyone down, right?

"So, what's your name?" he asked brightly. "I'm Priestly, by the way. I imagine it gets lonely out here, being the only living person, right?"

6A Particular Day in Autumn Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:51 pm

Axton

Axton

Finally, he smacked the man's hands away from him. It was just plain creepy, really. But that wasn't the real reason; his remark about being the only living person there was enough to make him recall the fact that his entire family was dead. It stung, so he responded by hitting the stupid, insensitive man.

"Why should I tell you my name?" He asked irritably as he stood up, dusting off his slacks. "You're lurking around in a cemetery acting rather suspiciously towards what would be a vulnerable teenaged boy. Except the fact that while my entire family isn't around anymore, I'm not stupid."

He looked highly unimpressed.

"You can take your untoward behavior somewhere else, I'm trying to mourn."

7A Particular Day in Autumn Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:09 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

Priestly kneeled next to the boy, ignoring the grass stains that formed on his pants. His smile faded slightly, and he gave him a sympathetic look.

"I don't mean to intrude or scare you--I'm a man of God, you see, and only wish to help." He pulled out one of his rosaries, holding it up so the boy could see. "I am a priest of the Catholic church, and be you of the faith or not, it is my job to protect and care for all of God's children. You can trust me, if you wish.

"You lost all of them? I'm sorry--if it's of any consolation, I lost my family as well some time ago. They're not here, of course--I'm in this cemetery on official church business, you see--but when they died, I was deeply in mourning, same as you. Of course, I can only assume you feel more pain, as you are a little younger than I was, right? You said you were a teenager?" He leaned invasively close, as was his habit. His aura seem to press around the boy, taking some of the bite out of the fall breeze.

8A Particular Day in Autumn Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:32 am

Axton

Axton

He glanced down at the rosary hidden inside of his sweater, pressed firmly against his skin. It was made of over a hundred lavender pearls and linked together by a rather sturdy gold chain. Despite that, it tended to fall apart often and he had to put it back together piece by piece every time. Even with all the difficulty it cost him, it was his most prized possession. He valued it above anything else in the entire world. It had saved his life, and even if he was positive that was just a fluke, he still valued the rosary for doing so.

He looked back up at the man who called himself Priestly, still rather doubtful. He nearly yanked the rosary off of his neck as he examined it. If he were really a priest, it would be a nicely made rosary like his own, and it would be blessed. It had to be blessed.

Satisfied with his rosary, he let it go and said quietly, "...my name is Mars -- No, I mean, Cyprus. Cyprus Gray."

He mentally facepalmed for his mistake; his father had called him Mars. He wasn't a child anymore and his parents were gone. He could at least get rid of that incredibly embarrassing nickname, thank God.

9A Particular Day in Autumn Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:48 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

He grinned with great amusement as he tucked his rosary back underneath his shirt. Something about this kid made him seem like a believer. He had learned to sense these things over time.

"Mars, you say? What a delightful name. I'm assuming it's your real one? You shouldn't try lying to a priest, you know." Despite his words, he didn't seem serious or offended in the least.

10A Particular Day in Autumn Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:54 am

Axton

Axton

He groaned. "No! My real name is Cyprus! Mars is just a stupid nickname I never ever want people to use again!" He insisted.

But he knew it was too late. Priestly or whatever his name was would never ever believe that his name was Cyprus. No one ever did; Mars was more believable, for some reason. He kind of resented his father at that moment.

11A Particular Day in Autumn Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:07 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

He laughed, patting the boy on the head. He examined his face with interest; yes, "Mars" definitely suited him better. He inconspicuously scooted closer, now that Mars was comfortable.

"It's okay, Cyprus--Priestly isn't my first name, but that's what everyone calls me anyway. I would tell you my first name, but it would be odd if someone used it again after so long." He laughed, barely hiding the hollow bitterness that surface in his throat. "Why are you so desperate to lose your nickname? I like it very much, myself--Mars is an excellent name."

12A Particular Day in Autumn Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:11 am

Axton

Axton

Comfortable or not, Mars still backed away. Seriously, why did he keep on trying to move closer to him? It was disturbing.

"Mars is a stupid baby name." He insisted, his complete and utter obvious childishness showing through. "I hate it; it's what my father used to call me."

13A Particular Day in Autumn Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:18 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

Priestly scooted closer, smiling. He didn't even bother to hide it this time; instead, he wrapped his arm around Mars, pulling him close. He smelled of misfortune--a mixture of dirt and cold meals. He remembered the scent with great clarity; it had clung to him as well during his childhood.

"It is cold out," he explained gently. "As I have no jacket to offer, I can give only the heat from my body to keep you from freezing. Now tell me," he said, stroking his hand across Mars's back once, "What was your father like? What did you think of him, how did he treat you--was he a good man?"

14A Particular Day in Autumn Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:26 am

Axton

Axton

He squirmed visibly, looking regrettably comfortable. This man was strange he didn't particularly like him. At the exact same time, he found himself so incredibly lonely and cold that any heat and human interaction was welcomed.

For a few moments he just listened to Priestly speak, not bothering to protest. However, the sweep of his hand was more than Mars would allow. It was simply too much, and as Mars pushed him away and moved backwards, he ended up tripping over the tombstone of his late mother, causing him to cling desperately to Priestly with the hand he had previously used to shove him away.

15A Particular Day in Autumn Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:32 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

He wrapped his arms around Mars almost instantly, pulling him to his bosom. Though he wore less layers than Mars, his body was very warm to the touch. He gave the boy a concerned look, not releasing him just yet.

"If your entire family has passed, who takes care of you now, boy? No offense meant, but you don't seem to be very well off." He brushed a leaf from Mars's hair absentmindedly. "Who is letting you waste away in the presence of the deceased?"

16A Particular Day in Autumn Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:36 am

Axton

Axton

He looked incredibly annoyed now, moreso than he had before, at the fact that Priestly didn't get the hint. It was disturbing, really. The man didn't seem to realize that he disliked being touched by him. But now it was too late; he was so warm and Mars was so cold. He was even warmer than he thought he would be and now he really didn't want to let go. Stupid Priestly.

He grumbled something before attempting to separate himself from Priestly again. "It's none of your business, okay? Let me go."

17A Particular Day in Autumn Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:15 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

"No," he teased gently. He tightened his hold on Mars. "Obey your elders, Cyprus~"

A small crack sounded from between the tombstones. Priestly's back straightened, and he turned his head like an owl. A foreboding feeling grew in his stomach.

"...Did you hear that?" he asked quietly, frowning deeply.

18A Particular Day in Autumn Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:27 pm

Axton

Axton

Mars had been in the middle of shoving Priestly away when he heard the noise himself. Though he didn't turn his head to look, he saw Priestly look. Confused, he turned to look himself, but he didn't see anything.

"I don't see anything, it was probably just a pine cone falling." He said, mainly because the idea of it being anything else unsettled him. After his recent run-in with demons, Mars was rather skittish about strange noises. The last thing he wanted was to ever see one again...

19A Particular Day in Autumn Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:29 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

"Come out!" he barked suddenly. He pulled Mars close again. He had hoped to be gone by now, but this strange boy had distracted him; now he had a possible civilian casualty on his hands.'

A tall, dark figure rose above the tombstones, stretching like a cat. A pair of yellow eyes glared at Priestly from beneath a mess of dark hair; arms crossed over the titanic chest.

"Why can't you just leave me and my darlings alone?!" shrieked the near-Amazonian woman, tearing at her face and hair. Though she wore a pale pink cardigan and army green skirt, the normalcy of the clothes only made her seem odder by contrast. "Everything was so nice until you had to start following me."

20A Particular Day in Autumn Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:47 pm

Axton

Axton

Mars just stared. Not because he was particularly surprised, but mainly out of pure horror. The only thing he could think was, not again not again not again. Slowly, he attempted to wriggle out of Priestly's grasp. He had to run, get away, something.

But then he stopped. He had run the last time. It hadn't done anyone any good then, now would be no different. He tried to calm himself, but his heart wouldn't stop pounding against his chest in a rather painful manner. He swallowed roughly before he realized; he still had his rosary. He would be fine.

But what about Priestly?

21A Particular Day in Autumn Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:55 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

Priestly laughed without feeling, hoping to calm down Mars. He shoved Mars behind him, hoping his body would make a decent shield. He began to rummage through his bag with an apologetic smile.

"Listen, we've had this talk already," he said calmly. "Not in front of the kid, please--just give up, I promise it won't hurt if you go quietly." The woman laughed harshly in response, sniffling.

"Ha! As if--I hated it down there...you're going to send me back." She glared at Priestly and pointed at him accusingly. "I don't believe your lies about another dimension! I'm not going back to Dante, and that's that...he didn't appreciate my love of my darlings, either..." She sunk closer to the ground, reaching for the nearest grave; Priestly pulled out his cross and threateningly held it aloft.

"You know I can't let you do that, dear--just put your hands where I can see them and stay still." He glanced at Mars out of the corner of his eye. "...Don't move," he murmured quietly.

22A Particular Day in Autumn Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:03 pm

Axton

Axton

Mars didn't respond. He was currently busy staring at the strange figure. It looked nothing like the white demon that had attacked him and his family, but it did both at once.

He laid his hands on Priestly's waist, but only because he hadn't realized he had done so until it would be awkward to remove them. So he even more awkwardly kept them there. Mentally, Mars facepalmed. Even in the heat of the situation, he managed to be his own usual awkward self.

23A Particular Day in Autumn Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:44 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

Priestly slipped his hand over Mars's. He didn't know why, but the contact made him smile. He turned his attention back to the demon, sighing deeply.

"I'm going to have to hurt you," he said simply. She cackled, shaking her head.

"As if you could touch me! My darlings will keep me safe--you'll never find me if I hide with them! And then, when you least expect it, I--"

Her words came to an abrupt halt as she screamed; Priestly had walked up and pressed a rosary to her chest while she was monologuing. He mumbled a constant stream of prayers, ignoring her shrieks; her flesh began to burn and crumble away.

24A Particular Day in Autumn Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:51 pm

Axton

Axton

After Priestly had moved away from him, he glanced at his hands. At least they were free now. But he wished Priestly hadn't touched them. It was creepy and comforting both at once.

However, he stopped staring at his hands in disbelief when he heard the commotion. Once he found himself looking he couldn't stop, though he really wished he could. It was incredibly disturbing, moreso than when he'd gotten the scar engraved into his face. That had hurt, too, but that scream? It was so much worse.

25A Particular Day in Autumn Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:03 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

The process continued for several uncomfortable minutes before the demon's mouth crumbled away as well. When Priestly stepped back, nothing was left save for a pile of dust. The wind swept by, scattering her throughout the graveyard.

Dusting off his hands and clothes, Priestly neatly wrapped his rosary around his arm again and put the cross back into his bag. He turned around, looking sheepish.

"...I'm sorry you had to see that," he said awkwardly. "You can run, now."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 30]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum