Team Komisch Nakama
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Komisch Nakama

A forum created solely for the purpose of archiving and roleplaying characters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Particular Day in Autumn

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 30]

26A Particular Day in Autumn - Page 2 Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:31 am

Axton

Axton

Mars just stared for the better part of a minute, before he finally blinked. He examined Priestly up and down, but the source of his strength was not apparent to him. He didn't even look all that muscular, yet...

And he had been so brave, too! And confident, good Lord, his confidence! If Priestly had been a woman, Mars would have done her right then and there.

Of course he didn't consciously realize any that.

What he did realize was that he was insanely attracted to the strength and power that Priestly held. Not Priestly himself, well that isn't entirely true, but he mostly was only attracted to the man's strength. He wanted it all for himself, so that when the time came that the demon who killed his family came back he could destroy him.

He wanted that strength more than he had ever wanted anything in his life.

Mars did not run away for that very reason. He sure wanted to, but he sure didn't. He took a few steps forward before he looked straight at Priestly.

"But...you were awesome." He said, still somewhat entranced.

27A Particular Day in Autumn - Page 2 Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:21 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

He blinked in surprise, barely registering the boy's words. They were so different from what he had expected to hear, he wasn't even sure of how to react. He coughed, trying to ignore the blood rushing to his head.

"There's no need to placate me," he said calmly. He placed a hand on Mars's shoulder, attempting a smile. "God will still love you if you're afraid, so go ahead and leave if you will--cemeteries are not a good place for a boy to spend all his time, anyway. Go home to the people who care for you."

http://otomepeach.tumblr.com/

28A Particular Day in Autumn - Page 2 Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:29 pm

Axton

Axton

Mars glared at him slightly. "There's no one to go home to. I don't even have a home." He reminded him.

"Besides...I'm not afraid." He said, somewhat less emotionally. "I should be afraid, though. But I'm not, really. I'm sort of used to this type of thing, lately..."

He looked up at Priestly, trying to smile as well.

29A Particular Day in Autumn - Page 2 Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:25 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

Priestly sighed, chuckling softly. He played with Mars's hair absentmindedly, unconscious of how invasive it seemed.

"But aren't you afraid of me?" he inquired. "You saw me destroy something--doesn't it scare you? I won't be upset if it does, you know...it's nothing unusual."

It was indeed nothing unusual to be lonely, but Priestly was used to it. He had God, and many acquaintances--what else could a man want?

But for some reason, he felt sadder knowing that this boy had learned his worst secret. He felt a pull toward the child, one he couldn't explain--his entire aura proclaimed him to be some kind of kindred spirit. Of course, that couldn't be correct--he had to be mistaken. In a few minutes, Mars would back away and be out of his life forever, and he would simply go home and watch reruns on cable and eat a simple dinner.

30A Particular Day in Autumn - Page 2 Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:29 pm

Axton

Axton

"But it was bad. Impure. Sinful." Mars said, slightly confused as to why Priestly kept questioning him. Perhaps his encounters with demons had made him jaded. It seemed normal to him, almost.

"You're a man of God, right? You just did the right thing, right?" He asked hopefully. "Is this what you really do for a living?"

Now that he had stated asking questions, he didn't want to stop. He wanted to know everything about Priestly. He was suddenly the most interesting thing in Mars's life.

31A Particular Day in Autumn - Page 2 Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:44 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

He smiled, still very confused. As he watched Mars's expression, however, feelings of joy and relief began to sweep over him in great waves.

"I wouldn't use those words, per se...but she was a demon, yes. Ah, how old are you?...You know what, forget it, I'll tell you when you're older." He chuckled awkwardly, patting Mars on the head.

"I am certainly a man of God, though--isn't it obvious? And of course what I did was right--it was God's will. I would know, he speaks to me sometimes. Why, does it interest you?"

32A Particular Day in Autumn - Page 2 Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:50 pm

Axton

Axton

He embraced Priestly, nuzzling into his chest. He had done it before he had thought, but it felt nice nonetheless. This man was his hero. His idol. He wanted to be just like him when he got older. Cool and confident and doing the work of God so awesomely. Yes, he wanted to be just like Priestly forever and ever.

"C-can you teach me?" He asked suddenly, even though he was still awkwardly hugging him. "Like, how to be like...you?"

33A Particular Day in Autumn - Page 2 Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:06 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

Before he knew it, he was smiling confidently, genuinely. He hugged Mars back, stroking his hair. The boy felt so cold; he wanted to give him all of the warmth he had.

"...Of course," he cooed softly. "Of course I will. Do you...do you want to come home with me? I could care for you, if you wish--I have a guest bedroom. I wouldn't normally offer, but you don't have anyone to care for you, do you?"

34A Particular Day in Autumn - Page 2 Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:15 pm

Axton

Axton

Mars nuzzled him happily. "I...I'd really like to be able to live with you...I'm so lonely."

The thought of living with his hero, his idol. It was awesome. He just was filled with so much adoration and joy he didn't know where to put it all.

35A Particular Day in Autumn - Page 2 Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:15 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

Priestly's heart melted at that. He kissed Mars on the forehead and grabbed his hand. Now to get out of this creepy place.

"So, Mars," he began somewhat awkwardly, "What would you like for dinner? I wasn't expecting a second person, so we can get whatever you want...I promise I'm a good cook."

36A Particular Day in Autumn - Page 2 Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:33 am

Axton

Axton

"...Eggs." He admitted somewhat shyly. "Boiled eggs."

He missed his farms cooking already. They always got nice fresh eggs and milk. It was delicious. Store bought eggs couldn't compare. Still, he was hungry and he was hungry for eggs.

"Uhm, if you don't mind."

37A Particular Day in Autumn - Page 2 Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:39 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

He nodded, gently kissing Mars's hand. At that moment, there was nothing he wanted more in the world than to care for this boy, this strange youth who somehow accepted him. If he wanted eggs, he would receive eggs."

"No problem~" he replied brightly. "You don't mind taxis, do you? We'll have to hail one, I don't drive."

38A Particular Day in Autumn - Page 2 Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:43 am

Axton

Axton

He shook his head.

"I'm only fifteen, so, uhm, I can't drive yet." He admitted sheepishly. So embarrassing. He really couldn't wait until he could drive.

Of course, Mars would actually never get his license. Not because he's lame or anything, BUT BECAUSE PRIESTLY WOULD NEVER LET HIM STUDY FOR THE TEST but because he never found time to study for the test.

39A Particular Day in Autumn - Page 2 Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:50 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

Priestly's eyes widened with surprise. He examined Mars's face closely. He chuckled as they reached the main road again, and began to search for a taxi.

"Wow, you're a little older than I thought. Though I suppose you'll look mature once you're all cleaned up. We'll get you a shower right after dinner, you hear? And my pajamas will be big on you, but they're better than nothing."

40A Particular Day in Autumn - Page 2 Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:51 am

Axton

Axton

He pouted slightly. "I don't have a baby face, so don't you dare tell me I do." He said immaturely. "I'm manly."

Though, his smoldering rage was soon doused when he realized he would get to wear Priestly's pajamas. He bet they smelled nice like him, too. He smiled to himself, trying to hide his happiness.

41A Particular Day in Autumn - Page 2 Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:05 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

He laughed good-naturedly. As a taxi approached, he hailed it; he opened the door for Mars, ruffling his hair as he got in. He buckled his seat belt for him before buckling his own as a gesture of caring.

"Now, now, I never said you had a baby face," he explained, amused. "You just look a little young, is all--I'm sure it's the dirt. You'll look like a strapping young man once you're all cleaned up, eh?" He nudged him with a grin.

42A Particular Day in Autumn - Page 2 Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:09 am

Axton

Axton

He pouted slightly again. "I can buckle my own seatbelt, too." He was actually more peeved about his hair. It was hard to keep it from tangling as it was.

"Where do you live, anyway?" He asked, realizing he had no idea.

43A Particular Day in Autumn - Page 2 Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:20 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

"I know," he said, "But I like doing it for you. You look so tired and malnourished...I was once in a similar position to you. So of course I want to help." He grabbed Mars's hand, squeezing it reassuringly.

"To the hill on Myrtle, the gate marked 4479," he told the cab driver. "That's where I live," he added for Mars's benefit. "It's not particularly big, but I hope it will suit you nonetheless."

44A Particular Day in Autumn - Page 2 Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:24 am

Axton

Axton

He couldn't help but smile slightly.

Things seemed to have gone from terrible to great in the span of no time at all. He was excited to get a nice warm shower, new clothes...It seemed like such a great idea he almost couldn't stop himself from crying with joy.

But above all, Priestly. The man of his dreams. At least, he didn't realize it, but he did feel it. He really admired him and liked him. And he was so nice, too...He knew he would enjoy living with him.

45A Particular Day in Autumn - Page 2 Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:33 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

Priestly felt much the same about Mars. The boy seemed agreeable enough, and eager to learn--surely he'd make a good student and companion. Plus, the happy expression on his face was the greatest reward one could wish for, Priestly thought. To think, only an hour or so ago that same face had been twisted with misery of the most pervasive kind.

Right now, having a fling with someone was the furthest thing from his mind.

"So, Mars, what are your hobbies? What kind of shows do you like? What's your favorite color?" As he realized how little he knew about the person sitting next to him, his curiosity expanded.

46A Particular Day in Autumn - Page 2 Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:40 am

Axton

Axton

"Uhm." He actually had to think. "I like...reading the Bible. It's a hobby, right? Sort of...I don't really watch TV. I like the color...pi--I mean, red." Yes, red. Not that silly color pink. Even though it was his favorite color, Priestly would probably think he was some sort of homosexual if he told him.

At least, he vaguely remembered his brother telling him something of that nature, once. Pink was not a manly color. It was the color of the homosexual.

So he said red, instead.

47A Particular Day in Autumn - Page 2 Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:50 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

Priestly giggled. He squeezed Mars's hand fondly again. This boy seemed so skittish about stating his true feelings; perhaps he lacked self-confidence?

"Pink is really nice color. I like it too," he said encouragingly. "I read the Bible as well, but why don't you like TV? Don't most kids your age?..."

48A Particular Day in Autumn - Page 2 Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:54 am

Axton

Axton

"My parents never let me watch much television." He explained simply. "Most kids watch it? I didn't know..."

He looked sort of awkward. He didn't have many hobbies or anything really interesting about him. He didn't enjoy sports or anything. He was kind...boring.

49A Particular Day in Autumn - Page 2 Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:02 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

He laughed nervously.

"I'm actually not very in tune with the modern generation, I suppose...If you'd like to watch television, you're more than welcome to do so, though. I get cable, so there's plenty of shows to watch...except for during the day. Daytime television is horrible."

He stretched, running a hand through his hair.

"There aren't actually many rules at my house, though I suppose that's because I'm used to being on my own. Nonetheless, I want you to be comfortable, you hear? If you need anything, ask."

50A Particular Day in Autumn - Page 2 Empty Re: A Particular Day in Autumn Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:05 am

Axton

Axton

Suddenly, he looked panicked.

"There aren't...lots of rules?" He asked cautiously, as if it were forbidden to say. He couldn't fathom a house with no rules. It just didn't make sense to him. How was he supposed to function?!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum