Team Komisch Nakama
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Komisch Nakama

A forum created solely for the purpose of archiving and roleplaying characters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 13]

1Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Empty Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:08 am

Axton

Axton

Though he looked as if he fit in at the strange cafe, Draza was only a usual customer because of a completely unrelated reason. Even the population of hipsters at YAALE looked at him weird. His clothes, all deep earth tones, where customized by himself. His long sleeved moss colored shirt bore a pattern of buttons down the front and along the sleeves, as did his earthy brown pants. His thigh high boots were lace-ups, but they were sturdy and silver in color. His long scarf was a deep mahogany, as were the buttons that adorned his clothes.

He sat at the far table, enjoying the fall weather as he sipped his light flavored latte. He partially liked the cafe because no one ever bothered him, but that wasn't really the main reason he went there, either.

Mostly he came to the cafe to see the flower arrangements. They were beautiful, and he loved them more than anything. He was allowed to say that, too, considering the fact that it was him who grew the flowers and arranged them. This cafe was nearly the only customer he had, and he liked to make sure it stayed that way.

This day particular was his day off. Actually, he had been taking more and more personal days from his business. He just couldn't function lately, amidst his heavy emotions. He had recently been dumped, by the person he believed to be his soulmate. He didn't even know what went wrong. That person had meant everything to him, what had he done? He didn't know, but he supposed it didn't matter; it was over and he had to accept that.

Draza swirled the latte in his hand. It was nearly the color of his skin; a very light brown color. Oddly enough, his hair was not brown and his eyes were not either; his hair was a honey color and his eyes were deep green. His hair, which waved, fell down to his waist in loose curls. He hadn't been curling it regularly anymore, and it was suffering from slight neglect. He toyed with a piece of it as he examined the flower arrangement in front of him.

Someday, he would find his soulmate. It was his lifelong goal to find his soulmate. Every relationship he thought he had done it, however. It was beginning to become troublesome...

2Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Empty Re: Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:26 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

A man burst through the cafe doors, his presence taking up much space in the restaurant. It was obvious he didn't belong here, among the eco-friendly this and vegan that; his outfit was composed primarily of fur. He pulled his fedora down lower over his eyes, as though it would shield his identity.

Everything from his hair, dyed a gaudy blond, to his alligator skin boots and clunky Rolex denoted someone who possessed much money but didn't know how to spend it with class. If he was rich, he certainly wanted everyone to know it. His hunched posture betrayed the suspicious nature of his business at the cafe; failing to look inconspicuous, he perused the patrons of the restaurant, settling on one.

Cesario, for that was his name, sat down down at the same table as a man with dark skin. His amber eyes focused on him with a surprising intensity, and he cleared his throat before he spoke.

"You're the one I'm looking for, yes?" he said in an awkward, faded accent. It sounded vaguely Italian. "You're the dark-skinned man. Ciao." He slid a face-down playing card across the table. "I trust you know how this works, Signore?" His voice was light and pleasant, with a very business-like quality.

http://otomepeach.tumblr.com/

3Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Empty Re: Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:30 am

Axton

Axton

Draza blinked in confusion. No, he was fairly sure that he was not the one this strange man was looking for. He did, however, find his accent to be rather attractive.

"Oh, well..." He cleared his throat, trying to find the words to turn him down. "Actually, mister, I don't think you have the right person..."

He turned back to his latte, as he figured the man would realize his mistake and leave him in peace.

4Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Empty Re: Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:35 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

He shook his head.

"That cannot be true, Signore--you are the only dark-skinned man I see. Unless you are trying to fuck with me, of course. Did you somehow learn my weakness? I cannot imagine how this is possible. In any case, I am certainly insulted." His tone remained polite, but his words had a certain hostile edge. "I am not a man you would like to fuck with, si? The fishes, amico mio, they never tire of more company, you see...particularly the unconscious kind, if you catch my drift." He smiled, revealing rows of straight, pearly white teeth. "So how is this going to be?"

5Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Empty Re: Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:44 am

Axton

Axton

Draza tried to smile, due to his rather stupid friendly nature. He, however, didn't know how to deal with a situation like this. This man obviously had the wrong person, whoever he was. He wanted to explain to him that he was just a simple botanist, but somehow he felt like that wouldn't be the best idea. The man seemed hostile, best not to provoke him.

He picked up the facedown playing card. Perhaps if he played along for now, he could figure out how to get out of it. Some excuse he could make.

Or worse; he could get so deep in that he couldn't get out.

Either way, he decided it was a chance he was willing to take; his life was boring; a little excitement would make him feel better in his safe, secure job.

Or he would get himself killed.

One of the two.

"Oh, no, I didn't mean to insult you." He smiled without much trouble. "I'm sorry, let's get down to business."

6Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Empty Re: Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:08 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

"Good," he replied. "You know what I did to the last person who made fun of my blindness, eh? We'll call him 'Imbecile'. Signore Imbecile thought it was funny to mock my blindness and make me choose an item of a certain color before he kept up his end of our deal. I shot him in the face and paid off his men. Good day." He leaned back in his chair, smiling softly. He rummaged around in his pocket.

"Ah, scusi--do you smoke? Are we allowed to smoke in this dump?" He pouted momentarily. "I do not understand why you ask to meet here. Modern trash, that's what I say...but I digress. Cigarette, amico mio?" He nodded toward the playing card in Darza's hand. "You see it is a king--that is how important I am, see? Whether or not messing with me is good, you decide."

7Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Empty Re: Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:15 am

Axton

Axton

Draza just nodded. Maybe playing along was a bad idea. Yet, now it was too late to back out. Oops. Whoever this man was, he wasn't someone he really wanted to be involved with.

"Ah, you're right, I know a more private place we could talk."

Why would you say that. His brain screamed, the second he had already said that.

He was, of course, thinking about his flower shop. He hadn't, however, realized until it was too late what a stupid idea it would be to get the man alone.

Please decline, please decline... He prayed silently.

8Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Empty Re: Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:34 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

"Alright," he replied with a smile. "We smoke together and talk business--sounds good to me. Of course, if there are any backstabbings...I articulated what will happen, si? I am not the man to doublecross." He stood up, loudly cracking his knuckles.

"This new place...had better have food. I have not eaten."

9Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Empty Re: Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:41 pm

Axton

Axton

He nodded.

"Oh, uhm...Of course." He stood up and dumped his coffee in the garbage. He was jittery enough as it was. His flower shop was just a short block's walk, and when they arrived Draza took out his keys and opened the door. It was heavily perfumed by the scent of growing flowers, and the deeper into the store you went, the more heavy the smell got.

He walked into the backroom, which had the setup of a one bedroom apartment; there was a hideaway bed which had not been folded into a couch for a very long time, a small TV, a small fridge and a stove with a sink next to it. It was rather clean, considering, but it was very small.

He prayed he had bought dinner.

"It's, uhm, my house." He explained plainly.

10Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Empty Re: Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:01 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

The corner of his mouth twitched as he looked around.

"...Quaint," he murmured in that quiet accent. Though he stared at the couch, he remained standing. "Are you sure would not like to reconsider our deal? Scusi, but this seems a little too convincing for a setup...a person who lives in such a place does not play games with the big boys." He chuckled. "I can just take my business elsewhere, Signore...though if you make a deal, you won't regret it. We will even give you loans."

The many rings on his fingers glinted ominously. Though his talk was very pleasant, his body language suggested darker things. Every few seconds he would roll his shoulders, as though they pained him, and his eyes flitted about the room as though he were desperately searching for something.

11Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Empty Re: Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:06 pm

Axton

Axton

Loans. He could use loans. Except, what, exactly was the deal?

"First, before I decide, I want you to write out a contract." He insisted, with no real push in his voice.

12Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Empty Re: Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:24 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

He laughed, loudly this time.

"First you make a request, si? Then I draw up contract. That's how this works. Why, you still interested?" He smiled, extending his gaudy hand. "Tell me your name and I tell you mine, amico mio. First step to any...fruitful business partnership." He enunciated the word carefully, as though suggesting a deeper meaning to the phrase.

13Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Empty Re: Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:34 pm

Axton

Axton

He extended his hand, which was thin and dainty, like a pianists hand.

"My name is Draza Dragovic." He replied simply. "It's, ah, a pleasure."

14Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Empty Re: Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:40 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

He firmly shook Draza's hand, shooting him a wolfish grin.

"I am Cesario Amoretto. If we do good business, you call me Cesario, and we get to be all buddy-buddy; do bad business, and you beg for mercy from Signore Amoretto as he decides whether or not to feed you to fishes. I cannot remember a single instance of accepting a man's death plea." His smile widened. "But I do enjoy friends, si? So let's make this good business." He clasped both of his warm hands over Draza's before letting go.

"Now, what do you want from us? I draft contract like that--quick and easy. I am very efficient business man, Signore Dragovic."

15Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Empty Re: Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:44 pm

Axton

Axton

"You mentioned...loans?" He asked cautiously. He didn't really plan on taking out one; that would be ridiculous.

16Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Empty Re: Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:15 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

"Si," he replied, batting his eyelashes. "We have several great options without much interest, few questions asked--just be sure to pay up in time, eh? How much do you want?"

17Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Empty Re: Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:27 pm

Axton

Axton

His business depended on such chance; there was no way he could ever make payments on time. Maybe it was time to back out of this ridiculous deal...

"I, uh..." He didn't know how to say it and not get into deeper trouble.

18Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Empty Re: Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:41 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

He laughed.

"You change your mind again? What about non-loan deals? I am sure whatever you require, we can provide...even insurance for your business. If that is your shop out there." He ran his finger along the coffee table's edge, examining the dust that had gathered on the tip with a kind of condescending fascination. "Trust me when i say we cater to all, Signore Dragovic--well, all except dogs. But I do not think you are a dog."

19Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Empty Re: Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:45 pm

Axton

Axton

"Oh, insurance?" He had never been vandalized or anything, but that could work. It didn't seem like such a painful deal to make. Perhaps it would work better. "What are the terms?"

20Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Empty Re: Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:34 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

"You give us regular payments--we take care of everything. Even promote your business to other clients. It's a very good deal, very popular. One might say it is and offer too good to refuse, si?"

21Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Empty Re: Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:39 pm

Axton

Axton

"Oh..."

Why was the offer so tempting to him? Perhaps it was his stupid adventure ideas going off again. Whatever it was, it won.

"...okay." He said, finally. "Uhm, what sort of regular payments do I have to make?"

22Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Empty Re: Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:05 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

"How much are you willing to pay?" he replied shrewdly.

23Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Empty Re: Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:07 am

Axton

Axton

"Well...My income is very relative, unfortunately. Some months I make more than others...I-I'm not so sure I could make steady payments." He said, toying with his hair. "I don't want to cause trouble, perhaps I shouldn't have inquired at all."

Yes, this could get him out of the deal. He hoped it did. Then his little adventure would be over for the day and he could go to bed.

24Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Empty Re: Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:08 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

"Ah, we're very flexible, Signore," he replied. "We're very flexible. If you don't have enough one month, you can simply pay the next, and you can even take out loans with us in the meantime. It's all very easy, trust me."

25Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Empty Re: Chance Meeting of Two Unknown People Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:16 pm

Axton

Axton

I-I..." He couldn't say no, what was he thinking? "...okay."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 13]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum