Team Komisch Nakama
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Komisch Nakama

A forum created solely for the purpose of archiving and roleplaying characters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Hey Man..."

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 17]

51"Hey Man..." - Page 3 Empty Re: "Hey Man..." Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:35 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

"Does the Lord inhabit a single church, or is the entire world his creation?" he asked, tilting his head to the side. "No, there's far too much work to be done on the road. I'm like those nuns who travel cross-country on buses, only there's just one of me and this is my Elantra.

"But yes, my title is Father Priestly. But I prefer if you just call me Priestly, it's what people have always called me in the States."

http://otomepeach.tumblr.com/

52"Hey Man..." - Page 3 Empty Re: "Hey Man..." Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:43 am

Axton

Axton

"N-no, I didn't know, I'm sorry," he mumbled, feeling bad for not having called him by his title. "I mean...you don't mind if I call you Father Priestly, right? It's only respectful."

53"Hey Man..." - Page 3 Empty Re: "Hey Man..." Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:25 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

"Really? I don't think so. I prefer Priestly, because then I know you aren't talking to the title, you're talking to the person. That's how I like it. We're not in a church, anyway."

54"Hey Man..." - Page 3 Empty Re: "Hey Man..." Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:31 am

Axton

Axton

"But..." Mars protested. He supposed it didn't matter, anyway. It wasn't as if they were going to see each other again, after that. "Okay, I guess...well...thanks for the ride, really. I could have walked, you know. It's not that far, we're almost to the hotel."

55"Hey Man..." - Page 3 Empty Re: "Hey Man..." Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:56 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

"I don't mind. I liked talking to you. Like I said, I love meeting people."

56"Hey Man..." - Page 3 Empty Re: "Hey Man..." Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:58 am

Axton

Axton

"Well, anyway...I hope you find, well, whatever you're looking for," he replied, unsure of precisely what the priest was looking for.

57"Hey Man..." - Page 3 Empty Re: "Hey Man..." Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:54 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

He laughed.

"Yes, if I figure out what that is. But thank you, and the same to you, my mysterious acquaintance. Do you mind if I give you some parting advice? I am a priest, after all, though I may not look it."

58"Hey Man..." - Page 3 Empty Re: "Hey Man..." Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:48 pm

Axton

Axton

Mars doubted it would be useful advice, considering.

"Go ahead."

59"Hey Man..." - Page 3 Empty Re: "Hey Man..." Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:35 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

He pulled into a parking space and turned to Mars.

"Take with you Romans 8:28. 'And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.' I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for."

He smiled and grabbed his wallet, and got out of the car. "Until we meet again, on this plane or another?"

60"Hey Man..." - Page 3 Empty Re: "Hey Man..." Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:44 am

Axton

Axton

"Thanks," he said, and he walked to his hotel room.

-x-

His brother was inside. Mars was positive. Hershel was in that room, waiting for him. The abandoned house, which Hershel remembered but he did not. He stared at it from a distance. Had his family really lived there once? It seemed so rundown. He waited, trying to gather his courage to go inside.

61"Hey Man..." - Page 3 Empty Re: "Hey Man..." Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:47 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

Priestly walked across the lawn to the house, his hands in the pockets of his nice suit jacket. Hopefully things wouldn't get too messy inside.

Rosary in hand, he made the sign of the cross and just walked right in. He didn't notice the figure behind the trees not too far away.

62"Hey Man..." - Page 3 Empty Re: "Hey Man..." Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:08 pm

Axton

Axton

Mars felt his heart stop. He wanted to stop the man, but he couldn't. In the back of his mind, he wanted to see what he would do. But he couldn't wait to find out, and so he entered shortly after he saw the man, unsure of what he would find.

63"Hey Man..." - Page 3 Empty Re: "Hey Man..." Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:44 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

It was dark inside, and it smelled horrifically of dust and mold. Water dripped somewhere in slow, regular plops, perhaps from a leak in the roof. It had probably been uninhabited for years; no one in their right mind would let a place go this badly. The floor creaked worryingly beneath his weight.

Unperturbed by the smell, Priestly rummaged through his bag until his fingers bumped into the cool plastic of his flashlight. He shone it around the room; the wallpaper had been practically shredded off the walls, it seemed, and all manner of mold and fungi were encroaching on the wall space left behind. In one area, a corner of the house seemed to be sinking, and the rot trailed up the wall and wooden floor, like a streak of shadow. On top of the decay, everything was covered in a coat of dust; his entrance into the house had left clear footsteps.

These details were all horribly mundane and trivial, however, compared to the most obvious thing about the place: it had been gutted in the most literal sense of the word. There was no furniture, or even walls; how the place still stood was a miracle. Pipes and wires jutted out of the wall and floor in what must have been a kitchen, and there were numerous gaping holes in the walls just above the floor, as if outlets had been forcibly knocked out.

He shone the flashlight about erratically, highly confused, until he saw a bright white blur. He moved the light back to the spot, and what he saw compelled him to hold his rosary in front of him and chant a quick prayer.

There was a young man in a leather jacket sitting on the only piece of furniture in the whole house, a worn wooden chair. His arms and legs were crossed nonchalantly, and he met Priestly's eyes, despite the glare of the flashlight. Several piercings on his face reflected the light around the room.

"...Christo," mumbled Priestly, swallowing. "Hello there."

64"Hey Man..." - Page 3 Empty Re: "Hey Man..." Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:54 pm

Axton

Axton

"Really?" was the very first thing the figure said. His tongue piercing reflected in the light. He had a noticeable New Jersey accent, despite them being in Ohio. "You really think that would affect me? Like I'm some sorta low level demon, or somethin'?"

He stood up, waving his hand. "You're not even the human I'm lookin' for. The fuck are you doin' here?" He spat on the ground in front of them. "More importantly...who the fuck are you?" he cocked his head to one side. "Ya don't look particularly new to this. I should probably be pretty careful until the other kid shows."

He slumped back into the chair.

"You can call me Trevuh, if ya want."

65"Hey Man..." - Page 3 Empty Re: "Hey Man..." Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:33 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

"I wish I could say it was nice to meet you, Trevor," he replied cordially, still glancing around the room. "Unfortunately, I've been hired to extract you from the premises--either that or exterminate you, depending on how cooperative you are. I'm afraid this isn't your house."

While he had been surprised at first, Priestly soon calmed down; he was used to dealing with demons. Truth be told, he was more afraid of drug-addicted squatters, in places like this.

"I say, is this your decorating? I'm sorry you've already made yourself at home, but you really have to find another place. Preferably one where you won't murder your neighbors' pets and cause car accidents at night."

66"Hey Man..." - Page 3 Empty Re: "Hey Man..." Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:38 pm

Axton

Axton

He waved his hand again. "Nah, not my style. In fact, I only came into town a night ago. Been busy with other preparations. None o' your business, I'm 'fraid."

"'sides," he looked Priestly straight in the eyes, with his icy blue ones. "I like pussycats."

It was then that the real boy he'd been looking for showed up, much to Trevor's delight. He entered through the door, not bothering to hide any longer. He looked at both Trevor and Priestly, before he took out the rosary in hi hands.

"I'm going to kill you," Mars hissed, but the demon laughed.

"If ya do that, ye'll never see your brother again, dumbfuck."

67"Hey Man..." - Page 3 Empty Re: "Hey Man..." Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:34 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

"You?" Priestly asked, almost dropping his rosary. "You're a hunter? But you're so young--what are you doing here? Don't tell me this is what you were on your way to--"

He stepped in front of Mars, not bothering to finish his thought. "Stay behind me, at least! I think he wants you, so it's best if you're not completely in harm's way. You can explain what you were doing here after, Mars--if that's really your name. Don't tell me your real name."

68"Hey Man..." - Page 3 Empty Re: "Hey Man..." Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:42 am

Axton

Axton

Trevor laughed at the touching reunion.

"I'm not gonna hurt him. I need him, still. I need him to play my little game, and then I'm gonna kill him. Not now, though, that'd ruin it!" he waved his hand. "Too much work to ruin it by being impatient."

Mars shoved Priestly out of his way, though he didn't step in front of him. If the man wanted to be a human shield, he'd let him. "I know what he wants, I know who he is, I know as much about him as I need to," he snapped, clenching his fists over his rosary. "Let him talk."

Trevor sighed.

"You're ruinin' everything! Well, whatever, shut up and listen, I guess, brat. Your brother is safe, by safe I mean, I can't kill him or I lose my vessel. Which would suck for me, so he'll stay alive. As alive as he possibly can be. I just wanted to hand deliver the next puzzle piece."

Trevor tossed something at the ground in front of them.

"I'm out. See you too jackasses next time. I'll be sure to say hi, and don't worry, you'll recognize me," Trevor gave them a lazy wave before he disappeared.

69"Hey Man..." - Page 3 Empty Re: "Hey Man..." Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:41 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

"Mars, we're leaving," he said, grabbing Mars by the shoulder. "This place is about to fall over any minute, and I need to speak with you in private."

70"Hey Man..." - Page 3 Empty Re: "Hey Man..." Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:46 pm

Axton

Axton

Mars shoved past priestly, so he could pick up the piece of the puzzle that had been thrown down. It was the shape of Washington. He clenched his fist around the piece before he shoved it in his jacket and left the small, cramped house. He took a deep breath of the cold air and it stung his lungs.

"What do you want?" he asked, taking out a cigarette. He played with his lighter, debating on lighting up or not.

71"Hey Man..." - Page 3 Empty Re: "Hey Man..." Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:29 pm

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

Priestly grabbed the cigarette from him and crushed it under his boot without looking at it.

"What on Earth is a young person like you doing in a dangerous place like that? You have some explaining to do, young man, interrupting the hunt like that. What were you thinking?"

72"Hey Man..." - Page 3 Empty Re: "Hey Man..." Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:32 pm

Axton

Axton

"Are you stupid?" Mars asked, crossing his arms. "You don't know anything, do you? If you kill Trevor, I'll never see my brother again, you huge, huge moron! I can't let you kill him."

He took out a cigarette and lit up this time, glowering at Priestly as he blew smoke in his face.

"Stay out of this. It's none of your business."

73"Hey Man..." - Page 3 Empty Re: "Hey Man..." Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:07 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

"Are you telling a priest to leave a minor alone so he can play into the hands of a demon?" he asked incredulously.

He reached for the cigarette again. "Smoking is bad for you, you know."

74"Hey Man..." - Page 3 Empty Re: "Hey Man..." Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:20 am

Axton

Axton

Mars moved out of his way.

"Don't touch me, you lying prick," he snapped suddenly, "This is none of your business, at all! By some stroke of luck, you managed to meet up with me again, so what? I don't have time for you to play mentor to me. And I'm not a minor! I'm eighteen now! Shows you how little you know or care about my life."

Mars threw the cigarette on the floor.

"Leave me alone. I don't need your help, I'm doing this on my own."

75"Hey Man..." - Page 3 Empty Re: "Hey Man..." Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:26 am

OtomePeach

OtomePeach
Admin

Priestly's strict expression faded into a smile, and he laughed, holding his stomach.

"...Did you just call me a prick? Ah, I like you, kid!

"But I think you do, in fact, need help. What was your plan in there--to scare him with your lighter?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum